Past Adventures
Part 1: A Three Month Adventure in North Western Ontario


Sunday 19 August 2012

Set Your Watch to Bahamian Time!

Hello Everyone. Greetings from the Bahamas! I am back to bring you more stories of my field experiences, this time from the Caribbean

I am currently on the Island of Eleuthera which is approximately 80 km East of Nassau, and only an hour (by plane of course) from Florida. The Island is 180 km long and is as little as 1.6 km wide in places.

Eleuthera is derived from the Greek word eleuthros which means "Free". While I have only been here for five days, I think this is an amazing description of this astonishing place i am staying at. The people are warm, kind, and welcoming, and the views are absolutely breathtaking! For example, the following pics are of the view from the porch of my dorm!



For the next four months I will be working as an Intern conducting research in the coastal zones, also known as the "Flats". Right now we (Interns) are just getting oriented so I will return terreckly (which is a Bahamian saying for soon) with more updates on my work and this marvelous adventure I've undertaken!

Sincerely,

Your crazily-excited-can't-believe-I'm-here Field Biologist

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I look forward to reading and seeing more of the scenery from where you'll be interning over the next four months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so beautiful there; I'm sure we're all jealous. Looking forward to your updates :D

    ReplyDelete