Past Adventures
Part 1: A Three Month Adventure in North Western Ontario


Monday 13 June 2011

The Fine Art of Cruise Control!

Believe it or not, but for the first time in my entire life I learned how to use cruise control! And for those of you who don't know me should know what an amazing feat this is! Before last week I wouldn't touch any car bigger than my parents Mazda 6 with a ten foot pole, let alone try and figure out how cruise control works. I am flabbergasted that I didn't think to attempt to learn it sooner! Boy does it make my life easy. I no longer have to worry about those long stretches of highway constantly adjusting my speed. I can sit back and relax as my car does it for me :D. A glorious toast to the inventors of this magnificent piece of technology! Without you my life was incomplete.

I only wish there was cruise control for the human body. I could certainly have used it today. We did our snorkeling training for the first time, and in fast flowing current no less!! To say that I had trouble trying not to get swept down stream was an understatement! I was thrown and tossed about like food in a food fight! I have many many MANY bruises from bouncing off the rocks, and my arms are DEFINITELY going to be sore in the morning as I had to claw my way up against the current, CLINGING to rocks. Well at least I will be very fit by the end of the summer!
If only I were Aquaman. Life would be so much simpler...

Sincerely,

Your cruise control loving-wishing it was transferable to water, Field Biologist

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Too funny :-)

    You sure have a gift for bringing your experience to life. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete