Past Adventures
Part 1: A Three Month Adventure in North Western Ontario


Monday 6 June 2011

The Adventure Begins!

As a fourth year Environmental Science student I have experienced field work before, however, they were only for periods no longer than two weeks. For the first time EVER, I have been employed to work in the field for the summer! So here I am in Searchmont, ON, less than an hour from Sault Ste. Marie undergoing three months of gruelling, but adventuresome, and rewarding field work experience.
It is my endeavour to keep you all entertained (myself included) by my experiences, and hopefully interested in biological field work!

Until next time!

Sincerely,
Your Very Excited Field Biologist

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you already seen 3 black bears. Sounds like it's going to be quite the adventure, I'm going to be following to see what happens. Hope you have a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How close were you Marina?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say we were at least 4ft away. as the bear came closer I began to gradually roll up my window lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Steffensen7 June 2011 at 19:06

    Love the butterfly picture, Marina.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete