Past Adventures
Part 1: A Three Month Adventure in North Western Ontario


Wednesday 8 June 2011

There's just something about a campfire

There is just something magical about a campfire. Whether it is just for a few minutes or for a few hours, cooking food or just relaxing, being with family or with new friends, I enjoy it each and everytime. I love the way the flames dance, the crackling sounds of the wood, and most especially the campfire smell. I find the fire so warm and cozy...comforting even. It reminds me of all the times I spent around the campfire with my family enjoying our summer vacation. Roasting marshmallows is also always a plus :P

I hope now that it is almost summer that you will all get a chance to have your own campfires. Enjoy and treasure the moments sitting around the fire creates.


One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts
by it as well as his hands and feet
~Odell Shephard


The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter,
and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well cheerfulness
as for warmness and dryness
~Henry David Thoreau


To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than
almost anything else in the world
~Charles Dudley Warner


The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire
~Leigh Hunt


Sincerely,
Your very warm-n-cozy Field Biologist


No comments:

Post a Comment